Being an entrepreneur isn’t just a choice you make one day. Being an entrepreneur is a series of choices, actions, thoughts and motivations. Honestly, being an entrepreneur is a lifestyle–and not an easy lifestyle either.
As a writer and budding business owner, I could always use a little guidance when it comes to “entrepreneuring”. From tips to hacks to inspiration, the more information, the better.
That’s where Entrepreneur 360 comes in. Entrepreneur 360 is a “full-day conference for independent thinkers, company leaders, and industry innovators.” It’s here that you gain insight into starting your own business and strategies to succeed from thought-provoking speakers as well as network with business owners, leading executives & industry innovators.
The conference was held in sunny Long Beach. Famous for its Cal State University, the Queen Mary and its incredible conference center. This gargantuan building was where I was to be mingling with CEOs, owners, and entrepreneurs for the day.
Upon entering, we were greeted by the event’s sponsors and a delicious breakfast. Men and women of all ages from different parts of the globe, let alone the country, were here. All eagerly awaiting to learn what some of these successful individuals had to say about business.
And finally, the event began. Editors of Entrepreneur.com, Jason Feifer and Dan Bova, introduced the first keynote speaker of the day: Eddie Huang. You may or may not know Eddie, but you’ve surely heard of his successes such as Huang’s World, his Taiwanese restaurant Baohaus and most of all his book (now TV show) Fresh off the Boat. He was the perfect guest to start the conference. His high energy, intense motivation and incredibly down-to-earth personality made the crowd excited for the rest of the day.
The day proceeded with speakers, panels and breakout sessions full of incredible information and inspiration. There was so much information to absorb and it was incredibly mind blowing. Of all the useful and motivating information from the conference, I’d probably have to say that these are the most noteworthy and inspirational quotes from Entrepreneur 360:
- “If you’re going to fail, find out ASAP. If you’re not failing, you’re not trying hard enough.” – Rachel Payne, Founder and CEO of FEM Inc.
- “Every time you make a decision, you’re voting for something. What are you asking your consumers to vote for?” Eddie Huang, Restaurateur, Chef, Author and TV Personality
- “You can’t build a high performance company without the pillars of culture.” – Greg Besner, CEO of CultureIQ
- “It’s easier to start a business than ever before.” Michael Glauser, Author and CEO of My New Enterprise
- “Celebrate the victories no matter how small. You have to celebrate the small milestones and reward yourself for those achievements.” Pat Crowley, Founder and CEO of Chapul
- “Ask yourself, ‘How do I show up as a leader?’ Your employees take their cues from you and how you are.” – Jasper Weir, Co-Founder and President of TaskUs
- “If you see mistakes happen, make sure you see them quickly.” – Lucy Postins, Founder and CEO of The Honest Kitchen
- “Maximize all of your available resources. ‘I don’t have enough money’ is not a good enough excuse to not start a business.” – Michael Glauser, Author and CEO of My New Enterprise
- “Think like an owner.” – Rachel Payne, Founder and CEO of FEM Inc.
- “It is a priviledge that not many have to be in this country. I have a duty to be the best I can be in this country.” Eddie Huang, Restaurateur, Chef, Author and TV Personality
Thank you to Entrepreneur 360 for having us at their conference this year. I had an absolute blast and walked away incredibly motivated!
ABOUT ENTREPRENEUR MEDIA INC.
For nearly 40 years, Entrepreneur Media Inc. has been serving the entrepreneurial community providing comprehensive coverage of business and personal success through original content and events. Entrepreneur magazine, Entrepreneur.com, and publishing imprint Entrepreneur Press provide solutions, information, inspiration and education read by millions of entrepreneurs and small business owners worldwide.