Hey babes. Ok, just so ya know, this isn’t your normal, run of the mill, give you exact measurements type of situation. I am more of the believer that eyeballing things is always best, and if I have a specialty, it’s fashion, not cooking! Plus, tastebuds are so different…you could want something sweeter, bitter, or a little more savory. So my go-to advice is eyeball it, make it yours and of course, enjoy the yumminess that is about to happen. I have loved making these 3 recipes for fall and I hope you will too. Happy cooking!
1. Easy 3-Step Banana, Chocolate Chip Cookies
You read right….these are so EASY to make. Here’s what you’ll need.
- 1 -2 Bananas (not too aged and not to ripe…think: perfect for eating on its own)
- 1-2 cup of Oats (I prefer minute oats for texture)
- Add chocolate chips to taste (I prefer mini chocolate chips for texture)
- Bonus: *Add cinnamon for extra flavor
Pro- Healthy -Tip: Use raisins instead of chocolate chips.
Pro- Party Tip: Top these babies off with Nutella for hosted parties or gatherings.
Pro- Healthy -Tip: Top with a “healthy-ish” version of Nutella.
Instructions: Set oven to 350 degrees, mash banana first with a fork in a bowl until it’s chnky, add oats and other ingredients and keep mashing until there is a consistent texture. NOTE: If you feel the banana is overpowering, add oats until the texture is more firm.
Use a sheet of baking parchment (no oil needed) and bake for 15-17 minutes. I personally like the texture to me a bit more crispy, so I watch the edges until they brown.
2. Cup of “Cold Cacao” Textured -Smoothie
True, we love a warm drink to feel cozy during fall, but for a cold treat that still feels hearty and filling (especially on the west coast where the weather stays warm, longer) this is my go-to.
- Use Frozen Organic (or regular) Bananas
- 2-3 cubes of ice
- Pour in a plant based milk (almond or oat) and don’t over pour the liquid, to maintain thickness
- Add a spoon full of Cacao powder
- Add two spoon fulls of chia seeds to enhance the texture in the smoothie
- Add Sweet Cacao nibs for CRUNCH
- SWEET BONUS: Blend in a square of a dark chocolate bar if you’re aiming for “dessert vibes”
- GREEN BONUS: Add a hand full of spinach! (you won’t even taste it, but your body will thank you.)
3. Fall For You Salad
I love a hearty, nutritious and also very colorful salad. Nothing looks more stylish than a salad full of vibrant greens and orange and nothing screams FALL to me like the below recipe, it’s my go-to:
Here are some of my favorite things to toss together.
- Arugula (or mix both)
- Sweet Potato (cut into cubes, drizzle garlic salt & olive oil & pop your squares into an air fryer at 370 or an oven at 350)
- Gorgonzola (or goat) Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Add your Protein (if desired)